Garage General

1. List products/apps by platform

One of the reasons I don't bother to come here is I own w10 and w10m ....this being
    A. lack of windows apps ( sad but true )
    B. I have to troll through all the apps that I cannot use to maybe find one or two that work with w10.

maybe a android /ios/ windows filter would help ?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the comments. Great pointer that we don’t yet offer an easy way to find the Windows and Windows Phone projects. We’re working on that. Stay tuned!

In the meanwhile, here is a manual list of some of the currently active Windows, Windows Phone, and Office add-in projects.
    AutoTag & Search
    Citizen Next
    FindTime
    InstaNote
    Lost Turtle
    Photo Story
    Receipt Tracker
    SocialShare
    Sound Stack
    Student Planner
    Work Item Studio
    Your Weather

2. International availability

It's honestly a bit frustrating that so many cool apps are being released by this studio, but I can't use a single one due to not residing in the USA.

Surely it's not difficult to release these apps to other English-speaking markets? I thought Microsoft were starting to turn this US-centric attitude around.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    in our backlogs  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create/share social media accounts for Microsoft Garage projects

I couldn't see any way of following individual projects or Microsoft Garage on social networks.

It would be good to be able to see progress and updates, re-share, tag/mention, etc. Twitter would be a great start, especially considering the already strong Microsoft presence there and the opportunities that opens up for raising the profile of Microsoft Garage and its projects.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add social media share links to product overlays

I would like to share the product 'pages' to my social networks and it would be great to be able to do so directly from the Microsoft Garage Workbench to drive traffic back to the site.

Sure, I could just copy the URL or use one of my browser extensions but why not make it really simple for me by providing a temptingly simple one-click way of doing it from right there in the product overlay?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Garage General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base