I suggest you ...

Make the Mouse without Borders Win 10 compatible

Make the Mouse without Borders Win 10 compatible and useable between Win 10 and Win 7

60 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mario Bruneau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes indeed, MwB is a bit erratic when switching between my main computer on Win7 and my Laptop on Win10 but otherwhise this soft/app is a DREAM come true. I got rid of my KVM Belkin spagetti!

• Paolo Marani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The real problem is that Mouse Without Border have some glitches when running under Win10.
    To be more specific, it appear that clipboard sharing and file transfer is not possible untill the user *MANUALLY* execute the helper executable "MouseWithoutBordersHelper.exe" WHY WHY WHY ???
    Isn't it supposed to start automatically when mouse without border shows into the tray icon ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, can we see support for bluetooth so that we don't need to rely on an internet connection?

My home WI-Fi can be up and down like a yoyo, bluetooth support would remove this issue.

• Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using MWOB for 2 years on two Win10 laptops. Been working great. Note* Mouse is on Laptop B, but works great on both Laptop A & B. However...recently I cannot type on Laptop B from A, BUT can from B to A? Weird. I've uninstalled app and reinstalled from both laptops... still same issue.
    Also if I sign off on Laptop B... Mouse doesn't work on Laptop A

help!

• Paolo Marani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mouse Without Border DO NOT WORK connecting Win7 and Win10 environments. Clipboard is not shared, and also Drag&Drop files from Win7 to Win10 CRASHES the tray icon on Win10. The problem seem to be strictly related to Win10, because between 2 Win7 hosts it works flawlessy

• ScruffR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, some fixes are needed for Win10.
    Between multiple Win10Pro 64bit machines the mouse curser on a "slave machine" the mouse cursor disappears BEHIND the open Start Menu, some message boxes and other "overlay" objectd, making it impossible to hit the buttons. With the slightly transparent Start Menu you can guess the position, but fully opague overlays are unusable.
    Also the custom drawn mouse cursor on a slave does not obey the cursor setting of the OS. I've set my systems for very-large inverse cursors but only ever get large white cursor.
    Also switching cursor icon does not work relyably. e.g. to resize a window by dragging the window edge, the cursor does NOT change into a double arror icon but stays the normal mouse pointer which makes it hard to guess when you actually can grab the edge.

• Anthony Cunningham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had compatibility issues with the wireless mouse and Bluetooth mouse ceasing to work at all. I have to restart the program and reinstall the mouse. Other than this, this program is a boon to my computing as I was using a KVM switching system which was cumbersome.

• Hope Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the Windows Creator's update has broken the "Hide mouse at screen edge" feature to some extent. It only works sporadically. The same feature seems broken now with the previous software I used called "Input Director", which is no longer under development.

Also, something I really would like to be able to do is to make it so that the clipboard is only shared on transition to the slave machine.

Another minor feature I would appreciate would be to be able to somehow enter the task manager by hotkey on the slave machines (and in general full customization of hotkeys.)

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please fix some issues with Mouse without Borders on Win10. Currently it generally works ok, except that for certain applications like Skype, when I try to click on the Close button in the top right corner, the mouse jumps all the way to the right edge of my screen and does not send a click to the button. I have also observed similar behavior in some other applications, but the weird ignore-click-and-jump-to-right behavior does not seem to consistently affect all programs, and not even all windows or dialogs of a program. I have tried rebooting with no luck. If I close Mouse without Borders, I can click just fine.

• RMS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More important for me is working across windows 10 and continuum.
    My phone is now in continuum all day while I work on my workstation.
    Love to share the mouse and keyboard!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've install the mouse without border in win7 and win10, in win7 the MWB(mouse without border) works seamlessly, when I transfer to win10 my rating is 7/10 because sometime the animation of the mouse is lag, but nevertheless it's working.

Please Microsoft improve this software, It it so useful for us devs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base