How can we improve Connections?

Microsoft Store Movie/TV Show Player for IOS

Microsoft sells DRM protected Movies and TV shows in the Microsoft Store (on-line) - but the only way to watch this content is on a Windows PC/Phone/Tablet - How about making an app that allows the user to transfer content to an IOS device and watch it? Other companies have done this (Flixter, Google Play) why not Microsoft? It can make the Movie / TV section of the Microsoft Store more universal and show the customers you are serious about making the paid for content available any where any time.

Cheers.

19 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bill shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mathew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this can be done if you connect your Microsoft account to a movies anywhere account. It will allow you to watch the Microsoft movies you purchased on IOS devices through the movies anywhere app. - currently it will only work with movies, not TV shows, and it will not work with paramount or Lionsgate movies dues to some licensing restriction. But it will work with Disney, sony, etc... movies. (transformers NO, spiderman / avengers YES)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesssss this would be awesome!!! Cause I have heaps of movies on my pc, so it would be good to watch it on my iPad. And besides, I don’t see why not. They would potentially be earning more money, if that’s what their worried about :D

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't care less about watching on IOS or even Android. I would however like to be able to cast the movie to a Roku or Mira Cast compatible device like the Netgear PTV2000! C'mon Microsoft, it seems unconstitutional that after I purchase a movie that I can't watch anyway I want just like if I purchase a physical DVD or CD.

Feedback and Knowledge Base