How can we improve What Dog?

Give us a way to rate the correctness, and also more information.

The app is great, I love how it is able to recognize the dogs nearly all of the time. My idea to improve the app is to allow us to rate how well it recognized the dogs. In another note it would be awesome if you expanded to other animals. Also once the dog is identified it would be great to include more details besides the name, such as average height, weight, color variations, where they are found. Things like those would be very helpful as well as any information that would seem relevant to a person who knows nothing about that peticular dog. Imagine being able to travel the world and have this app scan what you are looking at and it telling you what type of animal it and any pertinent information. This app reminds me of a show called "Pokemon" and in it there is a device called the pokedex a sort of encyclopedia that a guy points the camera to and it talk back with information such as the name and it gives him information about it like weight, color variations, where they are typically found, even their cries. It would also be awesome if at one point your algorithms don't mess for the picture to be taken and as soon as you turn the camera on the app would be able to recognize the dog/animal. The interface Could be sleeker but I get it it's a project in beta still but you guys are doing an awesome job. This kind of app would make a zoologist dream.

13 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris O'Prey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback!

We do take on board all your suggestions and will consider them carefully.

Feedback and Knowledge Base