How can we improve Plumbago?

Reduce apparent lag while drawing or writing.

I think actual pen lag is about the same in Plumbago and OneNote, but more noticeable (and therefore distracting) in Plumbago because in drawing/writing mode Plumbago shows a "mouse pointer" whereas OneNote shows a "pen dot." Of course any actual reduction in pen lag that can be achieved by hardware or software improvements is also desirable.

45 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Blair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • SamHo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't say for sure, but after owning over 23 notebook on Plumbago (yes, I'm using it intensely for sketch my idea, draw storyboard, illustrate random stuff as a UX designer) I'm start looking for something else which do not have heavy pen lag and provide similar idea ( 5x5 screen canvas or infinite canvas ), such as Leonardo or Mischief (they are not quite there, either too unpredictable to handle palm rejection, or too complex)

My Surface Pro 4 has the latest Windows build, and it doesn't help much...

• Victoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2017 and still have issues with handwriting lag and oddly shaped letters as a result. Use this heavily in veterinary school and am pretty sad that I have to yet again go searching for a note taking app. Onenote failed me as it was too laggy as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The update for Plumbago team includes some performance fixes. Please update to the latest that is in store.

Enjoy,
    The Plumbago Team

• s_abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my SP3 there is no lag for the first couple of minutes, then it starts dropping out in tracking the pen movement every 5 seconds.

At first, there was very little lag. After a couple notebooks, lag is very noticeable.

Lots of pen lag on my surface pro 4. Other than that it sure has promise. I can't get it to rotate from landscape to portrait but that may be windows

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have pen lag on my S3 (i3) much worse then on other apps like Bamboo. But Plumbago does a much better job with palm rejection...

• William Emfinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my surface book I have more lag than I do when using OneNote (even with smoothing off). It's sad because I much prefer the ease of use and look of writing in plumbago.

• BoomrBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have pen lag (even with smoothing at minimum) on my Yiynova drawing tablet on a I5 NUC. Drivers?

Feedback and Knowledge Base