How can we improve Plumbago?

Reduce apparent lag while drawing or writing.

I think actual pen lag is about the same in Plumbago and OneNote, but more noticeable (and therefore distracting) in Plumbago because in drawing/writing mode Plumbago shows a "mouse pointer" whereas OneNote shows a "pen dot." Of course any actual reduction in pen lag that can be achieved by hardware or software improvements is also desirable.

43 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Chris Blair shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SamHo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't say for sure, but after owning over 23 notebook on Plumbago (yes, I'm using it intensely for sketch my idea, draw storyboard, illustrate random stuff as a UX designer) I'm start looking for something else which do not have heavy pen lag and provide similar idea ( 5x5 screen canvas or infinite canvas ), such as Leonardo or Mischief (they are not quite there, either too unpredictable to handle palm rejection, or too complex)

My Surface Pro 4 has the latest Windows build, and it doesn't help much...

• Victoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2017 and still have issues with handwriting lag and oddly shaped letters as a result. Use this heavily in veterinary school and am pretty sad that I have to yet again go searching for a note taking app. Onenote failed me as it was too laggy as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The update for Plumbago team includes some performance fixes. Please update to the latest that is in store.

Enjoy,
        The Plumbago Team

• s_abel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my SP3 there is no lag for the first couple of minutes, then it starts dropping out in tracking the pen movement every 5 seconds.

At first, there was very little lag. After a couple notebooks, lag is very noticeable.

Lots of pen lag on my surface pro 4. Other than that it sure has promise. I can't get it to rotate from landscape to portrait but that may be windows

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have pen lag on my S3 (i3) much worse then on other apps like Bamboo. But Plumbago does a much better job with palm rejection...

• William Emfinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my surface book I have more lag than I do when using OneNote (even with smoothing off). It's sad because I much prefer the ease of use and look of writing in plumbago.

• BoomrBill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have pen lag (even with smoothing at minimum) on my Yiynova drawing tablet on a I5 NUC. Drivers?

Feedback and Knowledge Base