How can we improve Plumbago?

Does not rotate Portrait on a SP3 - this is the logical orientation for a notebook

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

lori shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest update of Plumbago handles Portrait and Landscape better. Please update to the latest update that is now in the store.

Enjoy,
    Plumbago Team

• Plumbago Support commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Portrait and Landscape notebooks will be handled better in next release. We hope to release very soon.

Thanks
    Plumbago Team

• lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No Jim - this app refuses to work in portrait mode on my Surface pro 3 - even if I enable rotation lock - opening the app overrides this and it opens in landscape - not only that - it's now locked the SP3 into landscape mode until i close the app.

it's broken - note - I am using windows 10 - maybe that's my issue

• Test commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jim, thanks for your comment about creating a notebook in portrait mode. That fixed my problem.

I am using the SB, and when I tried docking the clipboard backward, the screen even in landscape mode will not switch. Screen rotation doesn't seem to be working at the moment. But I do give a round of applause to the team for making the writing far smoother than what is currently in onenote. (Onenote API for ink is changing all the time.. making it very frustrating to get to use)

• Jim Szymanski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I discovered that a Notebook will appear in the orientation it was created. So, if you create a Notebook in Landscape, all pages will always be landscape. But if you create the Notebook in Portrait, all pages will be portrait. The light gray line denotes the bottom of a page. Note that you can move left/right to move between pages, but you can also move/up down.

Another observation. If you open Plumbago in landscape, and then rotate the screen, the stylus will be way off, almost an inch above or below the written line. Moving back to landscape, corrects things. If you launch Plumbago in portrait, it will work fine writing in portrait. But if you rotate to landscape, the same offset will occur.

Yeah... this is a weird interface. The "notebook" itself is portrait mode, but the "pages" can only be displayed in landscape mode? Wow, strange.

Feedback and Knowledge Base