How can we improve Plumbago?

Handwriting lags on Surface Pro 3

With the Surface Pro 3, I'm using the Surface Pro 4 stylus (pen). Even when I set the smoothing to 1, there is a serious lag in the handwriting, and the app does not always "print" my handwriting accurately (e.g., the "circle" a g or a is often squished and non-circular, even though I make an effort to write it correctly. I'm going to continue to experiment with this, but so far it's a pretty serious problem.

28 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Pelegrinus shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • JJT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I must say, handwriting is still a problem. For one it still lags if I write fast. This does not happen in e.g. in OneNote.
    Second if I write a long line it sometime happens that some "optimization" kicks in and tries to smoothen the line, making the text small and smaller the more I write.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest update to Plumbago addresses the lag issue that people were running into. Please get the latest version if you haven't done so already.

Enjoy,
    The Plumbago Team

• Obo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After the update 3/1 I don't experience a lag anymore. Good job!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

absolutely agree, the more I use this the more I dislike it. It is awful for handwriting and no matter what I set the smoothing to, off would be a good start. I cant see myself using this until some serious improvements have been made, but concept good.

Feedback and Knowledge Base