How can we improve Plumbago?

Try to create new Notebook. Keeps saying it is corrupted and won't allow editing. Tried on desktop and 10 inch HP tablet.

Fix corruption error when creating New notebooks.

15 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Enrique “Cepheo” Iglesias López commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think I found the problem! Had the option to install the apps on the sd card and in this way corrupts the data, you have to disassociate said pcion in the configuration and install the app in the internal memory, as solves the problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem each time I use any Spanish accent to name a book. Example, if I write Salón I get a corrupted book, but if I write Salon then it is ok.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update to my earlier post,

I uninstalled the app, set my tab to install apps to the internal memory, reinstalled the app, created a new notebook, saved it to the internal memory. Worked!
    Not sure if this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the app, but I have the same problem as everyone else here. I use a Lenovo yoga 2 tab. May it be because I have set up my tab to install apps to an sd card and not to the internal memory? Just a guess. The getting started notebook works fine.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also am having a the notebook is corrupted issue and also lost data. I thought it was because I had to re-install windows and it was something on my end. Its good to know that it is not just me. Its bad that there isn't yet a fix..
    Venue Pro 11

Same problem here. Had 3 pages full of notes, all lost.

"The notebook couldn't be opened"

ARGH!

Note: this happened after I had renamed the notebook, and now when I open it I am seeing the old name. Perhaps this is related to renaming.

Same problem on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. Changing the name doesn't help, neither does keeping the default.

Not saving files and apps to SD card by default.

Created a new Notebook, gave it a specific title, have written 3 full pages of notices during a lecture in university, closed it and now it say: "The content of this file appears to be corrupted and couldn't be opened." Problem on Surface Pro 3 (256 GB / Intel i7 / 8GB RAM).

Same here and in fact only happens once I've changed the default notebook's name. If I keep the "Notebook1" name it keeps working

• Jim F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem. Note: I am using storage option to save to an sd card for files and apps. Is this a problem?

Feedback and Knowledge Base