How can we improve Plumbago?

After an update I can no longer open existing notebooks. Help

Existing local notebooks no longer are openable after a recent update. I would like to be able to open my old notebooks

2 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eric Pellegrini shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not open the existing .plumbago files after a reinstallation. Whats happening? The files are not corrupted ones. Can you give a solution?

• Sharon Cichelli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having this problem. --Ooh! Typing up my troubleshooting steps here made me think of one more thing to try, and that fixed it. I turned syncing off, closed the app, re-opened it, and re-enabled syncing, and my missing notebook showed up. For reference, here's the description of the problem...

I had a notebook on one machine (created in March 2016); it was synced to One Drive. Now on a new machine, with the latest install of Plumbago, the notebook does not show on the Home screen. I enabled syncing, and since the text on that UI gave a new location for notebooks (One Drive/Files/Apps/Plumbago), I moved my old notebook file into the local copy of that folder. Restarting the app and clicking the sync button wouldn't make the notebook show up on the Home screen; double-clicking on the .plumbago file from Windows Explorer opened Plumbago, but that notebook was still not present. So, as above, what worked was to disable syncing, close the app, launch the app, enable syncing, wait for it to sync. The notebook showed up and is openable. :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are your notebooks showing and have an error (saying it is corrupted or something)? Or is it a case when you tap on them to open it gives an error?

Thanks
    Plumbago Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base