How can we improve SandDance?

How can I load more than 10000 items in the PowerBI version?

The Power BI version of SandDance shows only 10000 items. How do I increase this limit?

5 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven Drucker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Fitzpatrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being that SandDance is a Garage test platform, I think users should have the ability to disable the 30K limit, with a strongly worded warning of course. Since PowerBI Desktop is 64bit and users can pick the max amount of RAM it can use, I think it should be up to the user what their limit in SandDance is. For some of the use cases I have I need ~300K and already have the data in PowerBI but as of now, SandDance truncates the data at 30K.

• Steven Drucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is currently a limit on the number of rows that a custom visual within Power BI can receive. This will be updated to 30K in the next release of Power BI. The web version can load in many more rows, but there are memory restrictions that limit the size of the files that we can handle. We should be able to handle files with about 100K rows and 20 columns, though that will vary based on the content of the columns. We're working on ways of scaling this higher.

Feedback and Knowledge Base